Friday, January 8, 2010

IT'S A BALANCING ACT

There are alot of things that I want to accomplish in my lifetime. But it's a challenge to get everything done. I have a regular office J-O-B, I train for competitions, study the latest in fitness, train and advise clients, go to church, spend time with friends and family, and sleep for 7 hours.

It's really alot to cram in a 24 hour period but it can be done. The greatest piece of advise I ever heard was from a woman who appeared to have it all. She was a beautiful mother of 7. She had an awesome husband, thriving career, and a killer body. Amazed at her sucess people wanted to know her secret.

The lady said bluntly that ,"Some days I am not the best mother, wife, or career woman, or even the best fitness buff. It's all about balancing what's on the top of your priority list and managing from there."

At first this sounded totally selfish and kinda half ass but then when I got to thinking I was like, "This chick is right!"

Now that I have alot on my plate there are days and even weeks that I do not see my parents, siblings, or friends. I can be the grumpiest person during the busy season at my job and compeition training (which always seem to happen at the same time) And as much as I would like to be more involved with the Church I pat myself on the back for making it to the 12pm Sunday mass.

The point is that we are not GOD and we can only manage what we can. So don't beat yourself up but only do what you can.

NO APOLOGIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment