Monday, October 5, 2009

I DON'T WANNA GROW UP...IM A TOY'S R US KID..

Remember that commercial?! I used to love singing it back in the day and checking out all the toys on sale ..espcially during Christmas time. Now when I'm at my cubicle I sing that melody to take me back to those care free days...if only for a little while...SIGH!!



Today was a long one. I have a competition coming up soon so my training has intensfied. As such my energy levels are low but I press on because the end is near and I can rejoice in a job well done. When I came home today I was a greeted with a letter from my insurance company. I was a little concerned because I haven't been to any of my doc's lately and was hoping it wasn't a statement about a balance of a bill. (Which it shouldn't be because I do stay on top of those things.) Rather it was a notice that stated the following:

"New York state medical converage for dependent child through age, 29, "Young Adult Option."

I'm like wtf!!?!? Basically the plan is as follows: if you are 30 years and younger, unmarried, and live, work, or reside in New York State, and not covered under medicare than your parent can insure your azz for an extra fee. The kicker is that you do not have to be financially depenedent on your parent or be a student. So you can still suck off of your parent's teet . Even if you are not financially independent (and I am looking at you like wtf aren't you at this age?!?) you can still sign up for the coverage.




Don't get me wrong...I think that in hard times...such as these.... this type of coverage is a nice cushion but the other side of me thinks this is breeding laziness amongst the generation Y's. I think that we late 20's early 30's babies are already a little spoiled and we are taking longer to grow up (myself included). Policies like these are giving "young adults" more of a reason to fall back and hustle less.

What do you think?
To read more on this law click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment