Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PEE U!!!

Hey Peeps!!

So Sorry for the lack of posts but believe me when I tell you that I have been busy as a bee .



Anywho last week I was working out with my mom. I both love and loathe this time because I get to spend some quality time with the mom dukes but unfortunatly it's during the wee hours of the morning. After my workout I head home and my mom looks at me and turns her noise.

She then turns her head to my cat and says , "Whoa Denver your mother smells like cat pee!!" I immediatly became white as a ghost and said, "WHAT.... I stink.?!?!? "Well," she said, "cat pee doesn't smell good..... does it?"

OMG Becky!! I was horrified. Did I really smell that bad and most importantly ....why did I? I immediatly went to my labtop after a shower..lol... and started looking online.

My initial search said that sweat that smells like ammonia or in this case cat urine (ughh how embarassing) is due to lack of water. I immediatly dismissed this theory because I drink a gallon plus a day!!!

So I looked on bodybuilding.com and found this gem of an article.
Basically what is boils down to is my diet.

I am in the height of my competition training so I do not eat carbs every day. As a result there is an overabdundance of protein in my system. As I stressed before an all protein diet is not healthy. Carbs are your body's perferred source for energy. But, if your body is deprived of glucose it will get the eneryy from protein during a very diffcult process called glucogenesis. Your body takes amino acids (building blocks of protein) for energy. In the process a nitrogen atom is removed and is circulating in your system. This left over amino acid usually leaves your body through urine but if there is alot of nitrogen the excess will leave through your sweat.

Just so you know ammonia is made up of one nitrogen atom and three hydorgen atoms. This is where the pee smell comes in. YUCK.

To remedy this... eat a freaking carb already. An apple, sweat potaote, whole wheat bread, or some sticky rice in your sushi will do the trick. Until then peeps guard your noise if you see me training. Well only a little while longer.

2 comments:

  1. what the what? no mom dukes didn't put you on blast like that...smh..:)...well we can always count on our mothers to tell us the truth and not think twice about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl aint that the truth. I love her for that. Cause that's where I get it from!!

    ReplyDelete