Monday, January 25, 2010

FOCUS ON THE NEGATIVE

Happy Monday Everyone!

And what a beautiful rainy, windy, sleety Monday it is!!!



What a perfect way to start the work week. Who wants sunshine, warm weather, and blue skies when you have to work! Not me..


This morning before all the wonderfulness outside I had a pretty good workout. It's Monday so I do my chest, biceps, some shoulders, and of course abs!! Towards the end I was realling feeling that pumping sensation through my veins. Although it hurts like hell..this is exactly the sensation I want to feel.


In order to achieve this good pain you have to maximize the negative. Huh!?!? Well the negative phase in weight lifting refers to the lowering of the weights. So when you do the chest press on the machine, the negative phase is when you lower the bar down towards your chest.

This is also called the eccentric phase. When you lift the bar, your are in the concentric phase. Here's a tip for the next round of workouts. Try lowering the weight at half the speed with which you raise it. You may curse at the wind but in time you will love the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment